Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tolerance

Went another trip during the weekend. Hell I've got to stop with them for a while, because it's getting a bit too much. One every month or so is a bit too much and I've started n0t enjoying them much as well. Also it was a gloomy day, so couldn't even take many pictures. To be honest I was pretty much bored even for that. Oh well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wish earth was flat. This globe thing is stupid at times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seems Fallen has fallen back into place. Good. It's about time Rehani understand she(?) can't have it her way all the time. Keep blogging dude - I mean Fallen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the Fallen saga and all, I was thinking. It's a feat I managed with great difficulty, thinking that is, so maybe you should take notice. Not everyday I manage such feats. OK, here we go.

People need to learn to tolerate much more than they do now. People are different. And perhaps that's what makes this world such an amazing place. Imagine a world where everyone thinks the same. There will be no news, maybe a couple of sports and one kind of music, one language and six point something billion copies of one human kind of human. OK let's say two - you can't really expect a woman to think the same way us men to can you? Better wish for world peace, South Africans to not choke a cricket match or Mervin Silva to do something that makes sense.

Getting back on topic, if people could learn to listen a bit more, talk a bit less and tolerate others, the world will be a better place - be it cyber or real. I've seen this countless times in real life and in internet joints like blogs, forums and other public domains. It's good you have an opinion. But the others too. You should learn that you are entitled to your own opinion but so are others despite it being wrong and they are also entitled to hold onto it even if they know it is wrong. It's very hard to change people's opinions - not impossible, but hard - and I have a great respect for people who are actually willing to change their opinion if they realize that it is wrong, even after holding on to them for a long time. I respect them. But I also know that such people are rare, and that I have to deal with the other kind a lot. And I do deal with them the best I can. It also makes life a lot easier. I think that just laughing it off if someone makes a blog post about your religion which is not in agreement with your opinion is way easier than calling that said person's father. But alas, some people like it differently.

The problem gets worse when such people actually expect others to tolerate, or even not just tolerate but actually agree with them every time. How in the world, really? You say what you have to say, some will agree with you, some will not, some will appreciated and adore you while others might laugh at you, or ever ridicule you. So what, I say. That's the way the world is, and I deal with it. And that makes my life so easy, and help me to actually keep a sane mind if it is ever possible with me.

To finish, I did not intend to change anyone's opinion here - it's good if anyone can, and just meh if they don't. I don't really care. Just wrote this because, well, for the sake of it.

Happy week ahead to you tolerant bunch and to the not so tolerant ones as well. OK let's make it everyone - far easier. Let me try again.

Happy week ahead everyone!

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. *sigh*

    if only everyone would listen to your words... sadly there are the nuts, and we've got to learn to deal with them (or my favorite option, to ignore them!) too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Chavie, but it is not going to happen, so we might as well deal with them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. fallen gone underground. he's even deleted his sick twitter account that he used to discredit muslims. who won finally? truth always triumphs. don't be so politically correct mr.sachtheone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon, if you're who I think you are, then you are showing the epitome of hypocrisy. So, please show us your face, or I don't give a rat's backside about what you have to say.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete