Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Friday, September 18, 2009

Time To Be In Sri Lanka?

Yay, it's HAPPY FRIDAY! A five day vacation is coming up. Unfortunately I've got absolutely NO idea so as to what I want to do during those five days. Except sleeping to the heart's content. OK so that's one, but bar that, I've got no idea. Earlier, we planned on going on a trip but had to cancel it because we couldn't find a place to lodge. We started a month in advance and we still couldn't find a place. These Japs, I tell you. Why do they have to plan everything in advance so much? I think they will tell you the name of the second child of their third child if you ask a Jap. I miss Sri Lanka so much - that's the place to be. If you want to go a trip, all you need is just a few guys (or girls, for that matter) who are willing to get wasted with you for a few days and a holiday or two. Just jump on a vehicle and you can decide where to go on the way, and then just go there. Finding a hotel is no problem, only if you can escape the hospitality of eight friends and fourteen relatives you got there - wherever it is that you chose to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That book exhibition that's usually held on September at BMICH starts tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken. I'm 100% sure that I would have been there had I been in Sri Lanka. I always liked being amongst books. I never missed that exhibition ever since it started, and you'd sure to find me roaming around there for several hours - not for chicks though, I promise. But why do they come to these book exhibition trying to look all glamorous, like it's some kind of celebrity contest or something? Maybe they think we go there to dig them? Ha, you wish! Anyway, I miss going there and wasting hours. I always had this irresistible desire to buy books all the time. I remember, back in the day I was always short of clothes - no I didn't go around naked, but I didn't have many either - because every time mom gave me money to buy a shirt or a denim, I'd end up in a bookshop and spending that money on a book I was waiting to buy. Unfortunately there were many books I was waiting to buy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That bloggers' gathering is going to happen today, is it not? Damn, that's the third time in this post I wished I was in Sri Lanka right now. Maybe this is a week to be in Paradise. Anyway, have fun people, have a good time!

And a happy weekend everyone!


Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. yep...the book fair starts 2mrw...cant wait....

    why not go for da chicks...it's a double treat...books + chicks...how cool is tht..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha funny post! :D have a great weekend yourself Sach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Acromantula
    Yeah, books and chicks would be nice. But given the choice...

    @Chavie
    Thanks mate!

    @Serendib Cricket
    As if you don't know. OK, anyway, a little bit of pool, booze and cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehee!!!! Funny! A guy friend of mine was telling me THAT he for one went to the book fair just to see the chicks AAAND brought nothing except a cup of iced tea!!! Haha! SO=our 'wishes' are true! :P :P :P WHOA! But rare find!!! A guy prefering books over chicks!:D

    Nice post BTW!Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. erie89, thanks!

    Well, I prefer books over chicks sometimes, not always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I searched this blog and what came up was 'Just about Anything' and 'Sri Lanka'... Having said that i wanted to put out the fact if you were to find just about anything you want in Sri Lanka.. go to www.anything.lk

    Restaurants to Real Estate to Vehicles to Furniture to Everything and Anything...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nadeem, I'm still undecided if this is a spam or not.
    Thank you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sach.. i honestly wanted to share that site with you.. i hope you find it useful.. i know i did.. especially with the restaurants.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sabir, my apologies then. And thanks a lot for the information!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete