Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

10,000! Cool eh?

You see that little hit counter to the left side of this blog? You need to scroll down a bit to see that. Last night I noticed that it showed a figure over 10,000! I was like, "WOW, I've come a long way, have I not?". To be honest, it felt good. When I started this blog, I had no idea what I was going to write about. I just started it for the sake of it. My good friend Damith introduced me to Kottu, and things were never the same again. And now I have 10,000 hits. Which means, at least people found it not boring, if not interesting to keep coming back here. A big thank you to everyone - all my fellow bloggers and also the other good friends who are not bloggers but spent a minute to read the crap I write - for helping me along the way. Your reading this is truly appreciated.

-------------------------------------

Sri Lanka just pulled off a miracle win. When the day started Pakistan needed only 97 runs to win with 8 wickets in hand. Seemed it was only a matter of time before they bag it. But it wasn't to be. Both Thushara and Herath bowled prolly the spells of their lives to a miraculous win and an invaluable 1-0 series lead going into the second Test. With Murali set to come back, things can only get better for us. This win is awesome in many ways. First, we were down and out before our second string bowlers turned it around - remember we were without Murali and Mali - brilliantly. To put things in perspective, this is our only the fourth win in Tests without Murali since he started playing Test cricket. That is just four wins without him in 17 years! Sanga too showed he's got it in him to make a great captain for Sri Lanka. With a bundle of talent at hand, he should be a good leader to lead us in the coming years. Also we have never won a series against Pakistan in Sri Lanka. They are definitely our bogey team, if you know what I mean. Now we have a perfect opportunity to set things right. Way to go boys!

-------------------------------------

Weekend, I went on a trip and on the way went to see a butterfly zoo, if you will. And saw a butterfly being born. Just thought I'd tell you. Must upload those pics to the photoblog.

-------------------------------------

Do you know how annoying it is when your mom tells you that you should get married, every single time she calls? No? Lucky you. Take my words for it, it's a no win situation. You know these Sri Lankan mothers right? They take offense at the slightest hint that we're not ready to follow their orders - yes, they are orders, not requests - and get all emotional and make a big scene. Any good advice how I should escape this without getting killed by her? If anybody can gimme a reliable one, I'll write a post in honor of their name. Promise.


Share/Save/Bookmark

16 comments:

  1. Sach, congratulations on the 10,000. That's a lot of hits for sure.

    As for the mother thing I reckon you should tell her that you're wondering about your sexuality, that you think you might be gay. That way she'll approve of your plan to sleep with as many girls as possible before marriage as you try to find out which team you play for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. find a girlfriend. tell your mom about her and she'll think your on the way to getting hitched! unless u alreadyhave a girlfriend and that strategy hasnt worked for some reason!

    congrats on the hits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. Congratulations! =D That's quite an achievement. ^__^

    Yep, that was a great win indeed. I didn't getta watch it cuz of work but kinda heard about it for news. *didn't getta watch news either, just heard it!* =D

    A butterfly zoo? that's nice. yep, do upload. I haven't checked your photoblog yet.. I think.

    hehe.. she's being a typical Lankan mom. What's tough isn't finding a girl, but a one conforming to her predefined caliber and specifications ne? =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait till August and I will tell you how. Start writing the blog post in my honor.
    -Solomon

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! congrats on the count..:)

    and here's to many many more...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on hitting 10K, Sachintha. Enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha - typical sri lankan mommy eh? :D
    congrats on the hits tho - :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @RD
    Thanks!
    But man, what are you talking about? Are you trying to get me killed?
    You talk as if you don't have a Sri Lankan mother.
    Telling my mom that I'm gay? Gee... gives me the shivers.

    @Whacko
    Thanks bro!
    Umm... the things are a bit complicated.
    What I want really is to convince her that I should be fine without marrying for another few years, but it seems almost

    impossible.

    @Harumi
    Thanks. Gah, I should have said a common thank you to everyone. :D
    Well the pics are uploaded. You can see them on the photoblog.

    @Solomon
    The way the things are going, I won't be surprised if you encourage me to get married after you return.
    In case you give me a valuble advice, though, what do you want me to write about?

    @LD
    Cheers!

    @Min
    That's an idea. Maybe I should consider it too. Thanks!

    @Krish
    Thanks for wishes and thanks for keep coming back to read the crap I write!

    @Black
    Tell me about it. Oh those moms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the 10,000! Wish I had some sage advice for u but all my mom has ever demanded of me is not to get anyone pregnant...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome and by the way.. how come there's only 1 butterfly and 1 caterpillar in the whole butterfly zoo! o__O lol

    Thought you'd upload more.. still thanks. =D I'll be adding it to my photoblog roll.. nice photography!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL @ N! :D

    congrats on the 10,000 hits Sach! :D and that was indeed a miracle win man! hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats and here's to loads more post and 1000's more hits! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @n
    So did you oblige?

    @Harumi
    Nah... can't upload 'em all... too much work...
    :(

    @Chavie
    Thanks!

    @Angel
    Thanks a lot!
    And I honestly didn't know you read me. You are one of the very first bloggers I came across, and read todate...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Sachinatha! You're my blogging inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Kahlessa!
    And I'm honored.
    :)

    ReplyDelete