Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Who Wants To Be Famous?

Sometimes I wonder what is it like to be someone like Sachin Tendulkar, Angelina Jolie, Tiger Woods or Barak Obama. You have all the money in the world and a bit more, well perhaps Obama doesn't, but what the fuck, when practically you're the most powerful man on earth you don't really need money. And then they have the recognition, are loved by many - in Jolie's case it's a scary thought though - and simply put, famous and popular. They can pretty much get what they want.

Except freedom.

In a recent interview, Sachin said that he hadn't walked the streets of India for close to a decade. Poor guy. Imagine, you, not being able to walk the streets of Colombo, not being able to go to Pillawoos and have a Kottu without having to sign forty autographs. Though all of the above said four guys wouldn't mind that, I would, though there is no need for me to be so since nobody really give a shit about me going anywhere. And that's the first ever sentence I wrote with two "though"s in it. However, the point is, being all that comes with a cost and I will never want their lives, not at such a high cost anyway.

I'd like to be Brad Pitt for one night though.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment: