Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's Been a Year Folks!

I was thinking of how to write this post for a week or so. Perhaps even more. After contemplating all the brilliant ideas my genius of a mind kept throwing at me, finally I've decided to actually not think but just write sparring you the would-have-been anniversary post of the year.

Yes folks, it's been a year already!

Exactly a year ago, I started with this lame and pretty much nothing post, and how cool is it that a year on and I'm still writing pretty much the same crap posts? It takes a special dude like me - the king of crap blogging - to do that. All hail me!

Seriously, when I started a year ago, I had absolutely NO idea what I was going to write about, or even that if I'll be able to keep writing for this long. Never did I think that I'd enjoy it so much or that I'd have this blog in my top-five-things-to-save-in-a-fire list though I don't think that a blog needs saving from a fire. You get the point though.

A big, huge, mega thank you of astronomical proportions to all you my fellow bloggers. You are awesomeness! If I stop being modest for a second, it feels so good to know that you guys - at least some of you - read what I write and even perhaps like it. That keeps me going. I made a lot of friends from the Lankanosphere that I haven't even met, but you have been simply great. Thanks a lot for everything guys, I owe you big time.

Also a big thanks to all the non-blogging friends who have been reading the crap I write. Most of them are my FB friends, people who know me in real life, and it's good to know that you guys drop by. Keep coming back fellas, you'll be able to say to your grandchildren I knew him, when I take over the blogging world one day and become THE blogger every one so envies. Well, not really, but still keep coming back guys - it's good to have you around.

And some special thanks to three special friends in my life. First, to Damith, who in a way got me into blogging (I doubt even the bugger himself knows it) and who introduced me to Kottu. Thanks dude, and I'm missing your not-as-good-as-mine but still good posts. Then, Loonie and Solomon. Thanks guys for your constant constructive criticism (that's kinda hard to pronounce is it not?) and encouragement. You kept me going, and if not for you perhaps I wouldn't have come this far. You rock!

Alright then, gotta run folks.
Cheers!

Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. i think i should be mentioned in this
    don't you agree :P?
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work and keep on blogging. I recently started to read your stuff and since then really enjoying your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Wish u another happy year of blogging..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1st blogoversary Japsach, I've enjoyed the year and hope for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Happy Anniversary Sach!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the anniversary Sach! :D I really enjoy reading your blog (you aren't crap at all okay?!!) so I hope that you keep blogging for many more years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY ANNIE!!! keep em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Sach! Been a reader of your blog for a while. Keep em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy One bro, keep on rocking..! Great to have ‘met’ you here - and bestest wishes for another fabulous year ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy bloggy anniversary dude! :)

    here's to many many more...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Milla
    Thanks honey, and sorry for not mentioning. I will dedicate a post to you the next change I get.
    :P

    @Anon
    Thanks a lot! And it feels good to know people like you want to read what I write. Please do keep coming back.
    Cheers!

    @Santhoshi
    Thanks a lot!
    Cheers!

    @RD
    Thank you, and yeah hope to keep going...

    @Loonie
    Thanks a lot dear. It means a lot to know that you're there...

    @Chavie
    Thanks bro. Good to know at least one person think that they're not crap.
    LOL

    @Black
    Thanks and I will!

    @Cadence
    Thanks! Will try to keep them coming as much as possible!

    @SI
    Yeah, same here. It's great to have met guys like you!
    Cheers!

    @LD
    Thanks dudette!
    :P

    ReplyDelete