Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Monday, November 10, 2008

Mac, Nap and Sprint

I just found out that it is just about the perfect way to start your day.

Feels so invigorated.
Trust me.

OK, this is the story.
Saturday, I was in Tokyo attending a company party and was totally exhausted by the time it ended. And then the guys thought of continuing things so returning to a friend's apartments meant another sleepless night.

With the strange combination of wine, beer and plain-tea. And a deck of cards. Jeez...

So after a sleepless night, here I was in Shinjuku hoping to catch an early bus to Nagano. Earliest one I could manage was at 7.50 a.m., but I was there by 7 in the morning. Bought a ticket which cost me 4000 yen ( *sigh* ) and off to a McDonalds. You do feel hungry after such a night, trust me.
A bacon-cheese burger and a coffee after such a day, and another 30 odd minutes for the bus, you are compelled to feel sleepy. I duly obliged and down went the head. In what felt like couple of minutes later I woke up, only to find out that it was a little bit more than that. It was 7.48 a.m. to be precise.


Pick up the back-pack in one hand, no time to wear the jacket so it is in the other hand and a sprint that Usain Bolt would have been impressed of - in the freezing cold with only a thin T-Shirt, mind you - makes it just about the perfect start for a day.

You should try it sometime...


  1. bacon and cheese burger?????
    damn! that beats chilli paste and yoghurt!!! :)

  2. but not pani rotti or pol rotti or whatever you get in Sri Lanka... :(

  3. btw, i finally added your link to my page..:) sorry it took so long.. but hey, I remembered..:)

  4. Oh thanks a lot LD! Really nice of you!

  5. LD> chilli paste and yougurt ? what on earth !! who eats that ??

    sach. macho update the bloglist link with

    thanks bro.

  6. Damith, WTF? Haven't you eaten that before? Try it man it's absofuckinglutely good! :P

    OK updated. New theme looks cool man!