Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Monday, June 1, 2009

Cleaning & Cooking

Yesterday I managed to clean my room. Don't say what's the big deal, because it is a big deal for me, you know. I think mom would be totally proud of me for this more than even if I won a Nobel Prize or something. No exaggeration. Only problem is that now it's so clean I feel a bit out of place... like I don't belong there. Now there aren't any T-Shirts on the floor, nor there are any books on the bed, everything is where it is supposed to be. I just remember the days when I was back home in Paradise. Back then, nothing was in it's place in my room, everything was scattered all over. But also, it wasn't total chaos - more like organized chaos, if you know what I mean. Because though nothing was neatly organized, I knew where exactly everything was. It's just I couldn't be bothered with putting things in place and organizing. But this always drove mom mad. So every once in a while she would clean my room, organize everything and make is look so cool. Only, after she that I wouldn't know what is where anymore and we used to have a lot of arguments over this many many times. She would go on and on and on about how irresponsible I am, how un-organized I am, and that someday my wife would kick me out of the house! Seriously! But I would say I just have to find a chick a little bit messier than me, and voila! Problem solved! She just went nuts over this all the time.

---------------------------------------

Alright. I need some help. Specially from those ladies. I need to know how to cook 'haalmasso'. By the way, what do you call that in English? Anyway, I need to both fry them and also to make that curry. Damn it's so fucking tasty isn't it? So, please do tell. But please, I need specific instructions. You see, we men are designed to follow simple instructions precisely. "Add a little salt" wouldn't work. We get confused about the amount of little, you see. Just say how much, so that I get what you mean! Deep fry it or not. For how long. All that instructions. Seriously, guys, and girls, not joking here. If someone know - I bet you do - just drop a comment.

---------------------------------------

For those who already don't know, crapinfo - oops, sorry, I meant to say cricinfo, has changed it's look and a bit of a restructuring as well. Looks different and things are a bit hard to find. So, until people get used to this new look there will be a lot of bitching and moaning and whining - you know the usual stuff when there is a change. Just like when FB changed their appearance. But life goes on, so, umm.... well that it!

Happy week fellas!


Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Oops, that was jumbled.. I'll repost my comment*

    It'll be easy if you follow their 5S concept! =D

    And ya, like Dee says it's called sprats and I tried looking up some recipes and found this,

    sprats curryThere's plenty more Lankan recipes on the net.. and here's a bunch I found..

    Malini's KitchenSri Lankan RecipesSri Lankan Recipes - 2Sri Lankan Recipes - 3Sri Lankan Recipes - 4Finally here's a link that tells everything you need to know about spices.. in different languages, scientific name, with pictures and so much info.

    Spice gallery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! it was still jumbled ne.. -__- hope you can differentiate the links.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Mr.Cook is asking for instructions! :) As per cleaning, I hate mess' and I will be very happy in a clean and neat place as long as someone else does it! :) (just kidding, I spend 0.5 - 1 hour each day, cleaning the house and the garden.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rice flies, obviously. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dee
    Thanks! Just imagine if the S wasn't there.
    ;)

    @Harumi
    OMG! Thank you so much! You're a life saver! I love you!
    :D

    @Kalu
    What to do man... when the need arised you have to forget your pride... sometimes.
    Gah... I hate cleaning that much though...

    @Anon
    Such wisdom!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and people, I managed to cook the damn thing. Turned out REALLY well!
    Cool huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont know to make the curry but the tempering doesn't seem to be hard.. but Harumi seems to have helped..:) so yea, now when you get to SL, cook us a meal!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah she did!
    Umm... and it turned out pretty well.
    Hmmm.... let's think about cooking while in SL though...
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Sach-chan: dou itashimashite. =D

    And good to hear it turned out fine.. ^__^

    @ LD: great idea.. and how about we add a cooking contest too..? =D

    ReplyDelete