Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weekend, Awards and Some More

If it was to be put in the order in which things happened, the titled should have been like Weekend, Some More and Awards but something tells me that it doesn't really fit. So I went for the title as it is now, though I'm going to tell you about Awards bit first.

So I've won the award for the Best Overseas Blog in RDs Blog Awards this year. OH.MY.GOD! That feels good. As you obviously know this blog is pretty much my rantings, useless ones at that, very crudely put together too, but to think someone thinks it's worth of some kind of award is, well, nice. Thanks RD and thanks everyone else too.

Moving onto the weekend, as much as you wish at work that you were home doing nothing, it is equally a pain sitting around doing nothing during weekends. But that was what I was left to do during the last weekend. Last two in fact. This time of the year being winter doesn't help at all. Otherwise you could have gone out and tried your luck with a Jap chick or a lottery at least, though you'd think you've got better odds at the latter. Anyway, the point is, this is when you truly feel how awesome the paradise island we hail from is. Indi's posts about southern beaches or whale watching doesn't help either.

OK then, let's move onto the some more part. I was so bored to the point of slicing my own wrists just to observe the pattern I would bleed (OK that's so gross, but see I wanted to highlight the point I was making) when a friend came to the rescue. He had said something about the latest Survivor series, and that brought back memories. It was when I was still in school I first watched it and had more or less forgotten about it since then. I straightaway downloaded the latest, season 19 that is, and started watching. When I watched it first all those years ago, I was damn impressed about it, but now I have my doubts. Of course it is still great reality TV, but I doubt if it is as legit as they claim it is. How people won games were quite brilliant for TV, but too dramatic to be real. I mean, come on, right people win at the right time just to twist the plot! Two chicks have a conversation - not particularly close two either - and one breaks down in front of the camera. Seriously? That looked SO not real. And according to them they are not allowed to bring stuff like razors. Fittingly all men have beards couple of weeks into the game. Fine. Except for the fact that women have clean shaven armpits and hair-free legs even after 39 friggin' days!

I tell you it's scripted.


Share/Save/Bookmark

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award man.

    Survivor so does look like it's scripted right? I don't think it's 'real' too. I watched parts of S1 to compare and that looks much more 'real' to me. Still it's good entertainment eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro!

    Well I don't really remember anything from season one, but maybe you're right. But indeed it is great TV. No argument there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award ayya. Really enjoy ur blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award man! You deserve it! :D

    I really stopped watching reality TV after about 2 or 3 years... really depressing stuff! :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sach - I'm still waiting for that money you said you'd send me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent it................ by sea mail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sach, congratulations bro. Well done, and keep on rocking!

    Well, even American Idol is scripted, there is nothing “real” about reality tv anymore!

    By the way, watching the blood pattern is an interesting idea. Quite do-able, if it isn’t your blood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wijitha, thanks machan!

    Btw, hmmm why didn't I think about the blood thing before? Quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete