Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sydney here I come!

I most definitely am not talking about a girl named Sydney and going to her. I will actually be going to Sydney, the Aussie city tomorrow though it'll be the Boxing Day when I actually arrive there. Which means twenty or so hours of on-the-road which isn't exactly the correct term but you know what I mean. Though I love travelling flying is the most disliked part of it. Even though it's unavoidable. I really do wish we had Harry Potter style disapparate and apparate technology. However it's a small price to pay compared to the awesomeness of travelling, so no complaints really. Just bitching.

I've not made very many specific plans though. Except the Australia vs India Sydney Test on 3rd January. Someone I know rolled her eyes complete 360 degrees hearing that I'll be going to a cricket match and sit there for 8 hours on my vacation. But she's such a cricket tragic what else can you expect? Anyway, this is one golden opportunity for me to see the legends of the game like Ponting, Sachin, Dravid and VVS probably for the last time. Not gonna miss it. I do wish Ponting would score a 100 there. Would be an added bonus if Sachin gets out in the nineties again.

Other than that I'm planning on going whale watching though not yet sure when and where. Probably because I'm staying at my sister's place (not my own, but probably better than my own if I had one) so guess I'm trusting her and her hubby to take me around. The only other fixed item in the list is the fireworks on new year's eve at Sydney Harbor. In between I guess I'll go here and there seeing stuff; probably Opera House, Harbor, some Kangaroos (hopefully eat one too) and, er, I don't know, I'll tell you when I know. I don't think I would be doing a post-a-day travel diary this time like I did for the Beijing tour, but hopefully I would get to write something of my accounts there. I don't think it would be as much adventurous as Beijing but you never know. Fingers crossed!

Okay then, later peeps!

12 comments:

  1. hope u get to do some wicked shopping on boxing day! oh and while you're roaming around Sydney harbour do try Pancakes on the rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee, thanks!

    Niroshini, thanks for the tip. I shall definitely try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, what exactly is Pancakes on the rocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its sort of a pancake parlour in Darling harbour that serves sweet and spicy pancakes and crepes and things :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eat a kangaroo!!?? Noooo...ooo!

    One a slightly less macabre note, enjoy your stay and if possible go to see the blue mountains... Don't forget to take loads of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niroshini, alright I shall try that. I asked my sis and she knows the place. Thanks!

    Angel, why not? :P
    Thanks! And yeah, I think it will be possible to see the Blue Mountains; not very far from here. Thanks for the tip! And photos I will take, that much is sure.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you eat a kangaroo, you will get the cooties. Trust me, I'm a doctor! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. :O How dare you!! Claiming MY akki yours? Good luck with that :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. My eyes are still rolling :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looney, you can use all the block letters you want, but the fact is she loves me more!
    :D

    Anon, your cricket related opinions are useless anyway.
    :P

    ReplyDelete