Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Monday, December 26, 2011

At 39,000 Feet

At 39,000 feet and somewhere over South Pacific that is. Almost 3 in the morning, Sydney time. 

Did I tell you I hate flying? Well I fucken hate it even more now. I'm at the window seat and in addition the aisle is vacant too. Yet after trying every imaginable position - which included normal seating position, curled up in two seats head to the window side and the other way around, facing seat back, the other way, up, etc - now I'm back to the original and sleepless. 

Luckily I have the iPod - ever the faithful companion - with me. I have a feeling it knows me so well somehow. I kid you not, for about an hour it's continually playing my most favorite tracks even though it's set to random mode. Yes, most of the songs you put in your iPod are favorites, but it's been playing undoubtedly the best of the lot. Such a comforting feeling at this otherwise miserable moment. If this iPod was a girl I would marry her right now. 

Alright then, there's nothing else to whine about.  I've still got four and a bit hours to go and I'm debating whether I should brush my teeth on board or not. I must say I'm leaning towards 'later'. Don't judge me, I'm only human! Anyway once I land I shall do that and also find a WiFi and hit the post button. 

On other news, yesterday (or today depending on where you are) was (is) my mom's birthday which she shares with Jesus. Happy Birthday mom! 


Update : So I'm hitting the post button.

4 comments:

  1. See, you're on terror firma again! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angel, I will. Right now though I'm too stuffed to do anything; akki's been feeding me with all sorts of irrefusably good food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why you fly First Class :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, please be kind enough to send me your ticket next time around.

    ReplyDelete