Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Isn't GoogleWave all tosh?

Google is good. The search engine that is. Not just good, it's brilliant. So is GMail. I'm a GMail user from the very beginning and love it. So are many other Google services; they really have set some standards. However, Google Wave is just not one of them.

Simply put GW is more or less a hyped up chat program I think. Fancy name, cool interface, and more or less all the forms of media we know is put together - except voice and video chat. So basically you can text chat, add some pics and/or vids to it. Oh and also you can Tweet and Blog from within it, but that's just about it. I can drag-drop an image or a video to Skype and do the same - watch it online or watch it after downloading, they're all the same after all - plus I like the much simpler Skype interface. So yeah, it'll take a bit more for GW to make me a fan. But then again as much as I don't care about GW, I'm damn sure they don't give a crap if I become their fan or not either.

Meh.


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Google wave can be a really good tool if you're collaborating on a project, since you could edit the same document and it'll just stay there forever, instead of like MSN chats or something, which disappear after you close the program... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we are ready for google wave yet as Chavie says it's a collaboration tool and organising our communications in a more structured manner.. mind you this means moving on from our existing communications framework to something completely different...Gina Trapani (of Lifehacker fame) discusses it here http://www.macworld.com/article/146555/2010/02/whatisgooglewave.html?lsrc=rss_main

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, yeah, I agree that it's not all tosh. Actually this post is entirely subjective, and just said that it's not really of a value for me. At least not yet.
    I might even change my mind.
    Thanks for the link maf!

    ReplyDelete